Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well, it really has since the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I've been ready to decorate since Halloween and Adam would have nothing of that. First thing Saturday morning I was up, fed, and bugging him to start carrying the boxes up. Surprisingly, we had enough decorations to cover the inside of the house with the exception of a few tablecloths I found at Tuesday Morning and Target. Here's a few of the scenes we've been enjoying the last couple of weeks.

Next year we'd like to add some reindeer or lights! The wreaths were an adventure on their own. Don't tell Adam I hung out the upstairs windows to hang them. :-0

Our first real fire in the fireplace!

This tree seemed so TINY in our old house. We will eventually upgrade but it works for now.


When I was trying to convince Adam that we needed more dining room furniture the baby Jesus and followers were key. Without the Buffet to beautifully display there was risk he would have no place in our Inn.

Merry Christmas everyone! We're off to Savannah Wednesday afternoon for tons of fun!

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job decorating. I love the fireplace mantle. Merry Christmas! Love, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. House looks beautiful. And what a charming couple...

    Murray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for the first Christmas in your beautiful home - you did a great job of decorating -- looks very professional -- mantle, tree, wreaths in windows -- loved it all - big and small!!!
    Love,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks beautiful! promise we'll make it up there one day to see it in person :) until then, keep blogging! I check in every day ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the house looks great.. so warm and inviting.. Merry Christmas... have fun in Savannah...Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job, Susan. From one Christmas lover to another, it is great fun decorating. See you soon. Love, Aunt Lorraine

    ReplyDelete