Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wiggle Worm

I've been feeling Carolyn move daily for about two weeks. I'm noticing it more and more often now throughout the day, initially it was just if I was sitting very still and paying attention. She's definitely getting stronger. Adam has felt her move three times and one of those was a really hard kick! It's very exciting and a frequent reminder that she'll be here before we know it. On the airplane last week she was going to town and Adam sweetly asked her to be nice to mama. I appreciated it because if I need to go to the restroom and the plane is landing it's not a good time for soccer practice. Adam was concerned for the pressure in her ears but I think she made it through okay.

What's really crazy is this week she's 10 inches tall head to heel and 6 1/2 inches head to bottom. That seems HUGE to me. I know, I know, just wait - she'll only get bigger. I'm taking this one step at a time though so need to look ahead quite yet. My books compare her to a large banana and a cantaloupe. Either of those options seems quite unreal. I can't wait for our ultrasound next week!




3 comments:

  1. So excited you are feeling her move! I can't wait to feel her move ... drink some caffeine before I see you next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you, girl!! Can't wait to follow your progress on the blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting, Susan & Adam. She is going to be one "loved" baby girl -- I now her Grandma & Grandpa are excited (both sides). Love, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete